This release brings several security and stability improvements, new VM opcodes and bug fixes, among other changes. Since consensus rules have changed, this version is not compatible with previous versions. If you’ve been working on previous versions of the RSK client node, we encourage you to update to this new one.
This is a summary of the changes included in this release:
– DUPN, SWAPN and TXINDEX new opcodes (#261)
– Addition of REVERT opcode (#230)
– Support for big integer modular exponentiation (#231)
– Other Ethereum Improvement Proposals have been implemented (#253, #267)
– Return status results for mined block submission (#227)
– New blockchain synchronization model (#220, #246, #276) is more stable and secure than previous version.
– Bug fixes (#234, #242, #243, #252, #270, #278, #282)
You can find a complete list of the changes introduced in the corresponding Github milestone.
This release’s sha256 sum is
8c5f0db32ed0ea093c01284ad184de02594b002ff9722fb2158260295105f33e rskj-core-0.3.0-BAMBOO-all.jar. See Reproducible Build guide for further details.
Please reach out with any feedback you would like to share. You can contact us directly in our Gitter community. If you want to report bugs or request new features, please create your own issues in the Github repository, we’ll be happy to discuss them with you. You may also be interested in our just released Vulnerability Bounty Program, which rewards developers for reporting not yet identified platform vulnerabilities.
If you are new to RSK, you may want to check our Starting with RSK guide to find out how to start working on the RSK platform.
A big thanks to all the companies and individual developers who have been working on RSK Ginger version during the last few months, for their invaluable feedback, findings and contributions to make RSK platform better.