A new RSK Ginger release has been published in our Github repo. This release focuses on performance and sync improvements, and fixes some bugs we’ve found since last release.
This is a summary of the changes included in this version:
- Total difficulty was not being properly loaded when resuming from an existent local blockchain (#124).
- Already processed messages cache is cleared periodically (#111).
- Sending more blocks as a result of status message in sync (#113).
- Cache blocks in block store to avoid unnecessary disk accesses (#119).
- Additional performance improvements (#116, #118)
- Infos were not being properly updated on rebranching (#115)
- Fixed bug that was preventing txs from being processed due to incorrect nonce in certain scenarios (#121)
- Accept advanced blocks if sync does not make progress after some time (#127)
- Fixed issue that caused miners to eventually produce invalid blocks (#134)
Note: release v0.2.3 fixes an issue related to merge mining that only affects mining nodes, which was detected after we made v0.2.2 available. No additional changes have been introduced in comparison to v0.2.2. Users already using v0.2.2 do not need to update.
Version 0.2.3 release’s sha256 sum is 1bb2c3dfbed66800a256ca7f65e48a
See Reproducible Build guide for further details.
We encourage all users to update to this new version. Please reach out with any feedback you would like to share with us, you can contact us directly in RSK Gitter community.