A new RSK Ginger release has been published in our Github repo. This release focuses on performance and stability improvements, faster sync and the possibility of starting node using an existent blockchain database.
This is a summary of the changes included in this version:
- It is now possible to resume node preserving the state of the blockchain (#100).
- Peer discovery bug fixes (#98).
- Blockchain synchronization improvements (#83, #88, #91, #92, #93).
- Default value for “details.inmemory.storage.limit” setting modified in sample configuration file (#89).
- Avoid reprocessing already received block and transaction messages (#87).
- Added new log messages in block validation logic (#85).
- Process only children blocks when adding a new block in Block Processor (#84).
- New RPC method “ext_dumpBlockchain” (#79).
- Added the possibility of flushing the repository every N blocks (#77).
- Consider uncles in removeBlock method (#74).
This release’s sha256 sum is
c0320c6401bdda9e8ffb26d4e45560425c345b8b46e644e64f19e83df4538847 rskj-core-0.2.1-GINGER-all.jar. See Reproducible Build guide for further details.
We encourage all users to update to this new version. Please reach out with any feedback you would like to share with us, you can contact us directly in RSK Gitter community.